Roadmap for very first alpha version
- Some kind of simple GUI in wx and/or ncurses
- Administration of a single machine via SSH (can be localhost)
- Basic emerging/removing of packages
- Basic querying about packages
A possible roadmap for 1.0 version
- Stable, featured, consistent GUIs in both wx and ncurses
- Advanced remote administration of system updating;package installation/removal;masking/unmasking etc.
- Multiple machine administration
- Task automation in background
- Configuration files interactive updating
TODO / Ideas:
Common XML description for the ncurses and wx interfaces
Ideally it would be really nice to have an unified interface for the ncurses and the wx GUIs.
wxpython already can use XRC for this. Translating it in ncurses, for example,
would be cool and useful also for other Python projects. If someone is interested in this challenge, please write us!